Jay and I had the opportunity to go to New York City (by ourselves) over spring break! Jay's boss needed him to go to NYC for a two hour meeting! He said he'd pay for me to go along too. When the opportunity came about, we didn't know if I'd be able to go because I didn't have any days to take off. When the dates were released, it just so happened they fell over my spring break! That meant I could go if Grandma and Grandpa would babysit! Of course they said they would and we were set for our first getaway since the new baby!
Unfortunately Luke was not the infant sleeper that Jack was. Jack slept through the consistently starting at 10 weeks. By the time NYC rolled around Luke was 5 and a half months and not close to sleeping through the night! We were very nervous about leaving him with Mom and Dad because of this. They're just not used to middle-of-the-night fun! To make it worse, Luke was sick. He had an upper respiratory infection and it was bad. It was so bad, in fact, that we took him to the ER the night before (as it was after hours). Strep throat was going around daycare, and we wanted to make sure he didn't have that. He didn't, but he was still a little sick-y with a virus. That meant terrible nights! Dad actually took Luke and Mom took Jack. Mom got the better end of the deal! Luke only slept for 20 minute spurts the first night! It got better, but he was still a pain. My dad got sick after the boys left!
Aside from worrying about the boys, we had a great time in NYC. Jay went to his two hour meeting on Friday morning (we arrived Thursday afternoon) and the rest of the time was ours! This was Jay's first trip to NYC, so we did sight seeing and just took in the awe of NYC. We were staying in the financial district (near Jay's meeting) one block from Ground Zero. That really left us in awe. We went to the 911 museum and wondered a lot about what that infamous day would have been like had we been there.
We also did a ton of walking. We did Times Square, ate some good food and stood in line for 1/2 price theater tickets. We ended up getting tickets to Memphis. Anna and Jake had been just a couple weeks before and said the show was great! We totally agreed and I was surprised to learn that that was Jay's highlight of the trip! The weather was really nice for late March, so we lucked out. It was a great trip!
I guess I forgot it was raining that day!
I'm obsessed with the Today Show! We didn't go to a taping, though. Sleep was much more precious on this trip!
We were really amazed by Ground Zero even though it just looked like a massive construction site.
The Top of the Roc
Brooklyn Bridge and best pizza in the land recommended by DUNCAN!
No comments:
Post a Comment