I wanted the boys to wear their "costumes" more than once, so I planned they'd wear them for Luke's birthday party. (And from an earlier post, you can see they were also worn for the JJD Kiddie Parade!) In addition to the costumes, I wanted Dr. Seuss themed food and decorations. I found lots of great ideas and began planning! Included in these ideas were Thing One and Thing Two cupcakes, a Cat in the Hat inspired "smash cake," Green Eggs and Ham, One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish, and other things too.
The Invitation
Thing One and Thing Two cupcakes
The Cat in the Hat inspired "smash" cake
Green Eggs and Ham (a near disaster as Mom was supposed to bring them....she forgot the hard boiled egg whites at home!!! Jay made a Kwik Trip run and saved the day. We boiled a dozen eggs and peeled them in no time!)
Other Dr. Seuss book inspired foods: One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish--Goldfish & "Pink Ink Yink Drink"
The Cat in the Hat cookies
The decorations---several made by big brother Jack
The Dr. Seuss Quilt and Bib made by Grandma Rickert
The BIRTHDAY BOY!!
The Presents--gladly opened by big brother Jack!
"Happy Birthday to You!"
The Cake

1 comment:
soooo frickin cute!
Post a Comment