I've got to admit, Jack and I are equally excited about Elf on the Shelf this year! Some of you may be unaware of what Elf on the Shelf is. It is a little old fashion looking Elf that comes with a book Elf on the Shelf and tells the story of a magical Elf. The Elf reports to Santa each night how the children in the house have been behaving! The next morning he's in a different spot. If the child touches the Elf, he loses his magical power. The Elf gets his magical powers once he has been named by his family (per instructions of the story). Last year we named him "Elfie" and Jack wanted to keep that name this year too. Names are forever, afterall!
Last year Elfie wasn't that creative, but this year he's gotten into some trouble and has appeared in some clever spots each morning. I have to admit, Pinterest has given Elfie some ideas for his whereabouts! Some people have been giving me grief about my Elf on the Shelf enthusiasm, but come on, the boys are only little once and if it's going to make the 4 year old in the house watch his moves (even 50% of the time), I'll take it. Duncan sent this blog entry implying that I might be THAT MOM! So funny: "Overachieving Elf on the Shelf Mommies"
Here are some pictures of the fun "Elfie" has been having this Christmas season!
No comments:
Post a Comment